Work With Us
Become a certified
Interpreter and/or Translator
Target Translations and Interpretations is aware of the importance of professional training and continued education when becoming a certified interpreter and translator. Join the interpreter’s membership program where you can enjoy fulfillment of your CIUs certification requirements, webinars, and further your training as a professional interpreter. Join our team and learn how you can take advantage of this rewards program while furthering your interpreter’s and/or translator’s career.
How to become a certified court interpreter?
- Receive the proper training. If you want to become a court interpreter there are various options including online and in-person training to help you achieve your goals.
- After completing the orientation applicants must take a written exam.
- Once you pass the written exam, you´ll have to pass an oral exam.
- After passing the pertinent exams, candidates will receive an application packet and shall go through a fingerprinting and background check process to become a certified court interpreter and shall have a certification number.
How to become a certified medical interpreter?
- Receive the proper training. Part of the requirements includes the 40-hour medical interpretation training.
- There are two certifying bodies: the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters (CMI) and Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI)
- Take the CMI’s written exam or CCHI’s written exam
- Take the CMI oral exam or CCHI’s oral exam
- After passing the pertinent exams, candidates will become certified and shall have a registration number.