Work With Us
Become a certified
Interpreter and/or Translator
Target Translations and Interpretations is aware of the importance of professional training and continued education when becoming a certified interpreter and translator. We have designed a reward program where you may earn credit towards fulfilling your professional CIUs certification requirements and further your training. Join our team and learn how you can take advantage of this rewards program while furthering your interpreter’s and/or translator’s career.
How to become a certified court interpreter?
- Receive the proper training. Whether you want to become a court interpreter or a medical interpreter, there are various options including online and in-person training to help you achieve your goals.
- After completing the orientation applicants must take a written exam.
- Once you pass the written exam, you´ll have to pass an oral exam.
- After passing the pertinent exams, candidates will receive an application packet and shall go through a fingerprinting and background check process to become a certified court interpreter and shall have a certification number.
How to become a certified medical interpreter?
- Receive the proper training. Part of the requirements includes the 40-hour medical interpretation training.
- There are two certifying bodies: the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters (CMI) and Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI)
- Take the CMI’s written exam or CCHI’s written exam
- Take the CMI oral exam or CCHI’s oral exam
- After passing the pertinent exams, candidates will become certified and shall have a registration number.