Target Translations & Interpretations is a Women-Owned- Small Business and Minority Business Enterprise founded in February of 2013 dedicated to bridging the language gap by providing meaningful Language Access Services to ensure accurate and effective communication between Limited-English Persons (LEPs) or Deaf/ hard of hearing people and government organizations in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 , Executive Order 13166 , and the Court interpreter’s Act of 1978 .
What is the difference between translation and interpretation?
The main difference between translation and interpretation lies within the choice of communication channel.
Translation deals with written communication.
Translators work on written texts that require the transferring of a message written in one language, called the source language, into another language, called the TARGET language. Translators projects include documents such as books, essays, legal documents, medical records, websites, instruction manuals, subtitles for film or TV, or any other form of information in written form.
Interpreting deals with the spoken communication.
Interpreters are involved in projects that require to listen to a message in the original language, which is called the source language, and render that message in a different language, called the TARGET language. Interpretation assignments include conferences and business meetings, medical appointments, and legal proceedings.
Interpretation may be rendered in person, over-the-phone (OPI), or through video.
Our Core Competencies
- High-quality Certified Translation and Interpretation Services 17 languages
- Secure File-Transfer-Protocol for Translations
- Expert Transcription and Translation of recorded files including wire-taps
- Expert Localization Services for Website Translation in 17 languages
- Interpretation by appointment
- In-person by region
- Over-the-Phone nationwide
- Video-remote Interpretation nationwide
- Simultaneous Interpretation during Conferences Nationwide
- Our Interpreters are all Certified in the following Languages
Certified Court Interpretation (certified by NCSC)
- Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian (BCS)
- Haitian Creole
Certified Medical Interpretation (certified by NCBMI or CCHI)
Certified Translation (certified by ATA)
Women-owned Small Business
Minority Business Enterprise
OCPS Vendor #:
Translation and interpretation services
- Founded and managed by experienced and certified interpreters and translators who understand the importance of cultural concordance in meaningful Language Access Programs.
- What you can expect from us:
- Clear communication
- Defined Expectations
- High-quality Certified Translation and Interpretation Services
- All our interpreters are certified by NCSC, FCIP, NCBMI, or CCHI.
- All our Translators are ATA certified.
- Responsive to urgent Language Access requests